14 missionaries will be going to serve the poor. Please help sponsor them and keep them in your prayers. Financial donations can be sent to Mary Our Queen, 6260 The Corners Parkway, Norcross, GA 30092. Please write in the memo line of your check "Honduras Mission". Thank you and God bless.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Today our construction group helped a poor elderly widow fix her leaking roof. We removed all the worn steel roof panels and replaced them with shiny new aluminum ones. This took a LOT of crawling around on our knees on the roof, which as you can imagine, was incredibly hot. The new panels were especially hot because they were shiny new panels, and the reflected the hot Honduras sun pretty darn well. My knees hurt (because I’m a bit too old to crawl around on my knees all day), and I think they might be slightly burnt. “Oh well,” as my mom would say. I’ll sleep wonderfully tonight, worn out and knowing we did something very kind for someone who has nobody else to help her. It is really cool to do that, and it sure beats working in my office!



Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment