14 missionaries will be going to serve the poor. Please help sponsor them and keep them in your prayers. Financial donations can be sent to Mary Our Queen, 6260 The Corners Parkway, Norcross, GA 30092. Please write in the memo line of your check "Honduras Mission". Thank you and God bless.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A reflection and a call to pray for priests

I was kind of thinking this morning as the 4:50 am bell rang, that it’s kind of fun and exciting to be a missionary for a week, but it’s just one week and then I can go home. I’m tired, but I can do this for a week... no problem. There are priests and religious all over the world, who this is their life day in and day out. We have been coming to Honduras since 2005 every year and although we did a lot of praying (so I thought), I have a new appreciation of how much time the Friars spend in prayer since we are also following their prayer life this time.

They always seemed so rooted in love (although not perfect people). Now I can see that since they spend so much time in prayer, at the source of Love, how they can live with such interior peace and joy. The prayer life supports them.

They sacrifice everything for the Kingdom of God…for us. I can take great solace knowing that no matter what time of day it is, somewhere in the world, someone is praying and most likely for us. Maybe, each of us can pray for priests and religious for their perseverance and fidelity to their vocation.

God bless.....more tomorrow. It was a long but very blessed day today.




No comments:

Post a Comment